Sunday, February 24, 2013

DIY // Cake Stand



When Ace and I were deciding on things for our wedding one of the first decisions we made was to have cupcakes instead of a traditional cake. Not only where they cheaper but we could pick more than one flavor. NO brainier, right? Then, we were on the hunt for cake stands of all different size and in colors that matched our wedding. I realized quickly that we did not have the money in our wedding budget to buy several cake stands.  I found an easy and affordable solution; I’ll make my own with some thrift store plates and candlesticks. Several trips to the thrift store and an afternoon of gluing we had five cake stands.  




[Supplies]
Plate, Gorilla Glue, and candlestick


[Step 1] Add glue where candlestick and plate make contact.


[Step 2] Place weight evenly on candlestick for 1-2 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment